Dept. of Banking and Financial Management
Faculty, Professor Angelos A. Antzoulatos
ANGELOS Α. ANTZOULATOS
Professor of Banking
Education: Diploma, Mechanical Engineering (National Technical University of Athens), ΜΒΑ Finance and Ph.D. Economics & International Business (STERN School of Business, New York University).
Professor Antzoulatos joined the Department of Banking & Financial Management in March 1999 as Associate Professor and was promoted to Professor in December 2003. He has served as Director of the M.Sc. Program (6/1999 – 1/2002), Deputy Department Chairman (9/2001 – 8/2007) and Vice-Rector of the University of Piraeus (9/2002 – 8/2005).
He has taught both undergraduate and graduate courses at STERN and the Department, and worked in the research department of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. At STERN, he received the Herman E. Kroos Best Ph.D. Dissertation Award (1992) and two STERN-Citibank awards for excellence in teaching (1992, 1995).
His current research interests focus on Banking, Financial Crises and Financial Stability.
- “Banking – Trends (before) and Prospects (after the Crisis)” (in Greek), pp. 193 – 205 in the collective volume The Global Crisis, the Eurozone Crisis and the Greek Financial System (greek title: Η Διεθνής Κρίση, η Κρίση στην Ευρωζώνη και το Ελληνικό Χρηματοπιστωτικό Σύστημα) edited by G.K. Hardouvelis and C.V. Gortsos, Hellenic Bank Association, June 2011.
- “Financial Development and Household Portfolios – Evidence from Spain, the U.K. and the U.S.A.” (with C. Tsoumas), forthcoming, Journal of International Money and Finance, Vol. 29, 2010, pp. 300-314.
- “Do Financial Systems Converge?” (with E.Panopoulou and C. Tsoumas), Review of International Economics, Vol.19, No. 1, 2011, pp. 122–136.
- “Financial Structure and Industrial Structure” (with N. Apergis & C. Tsoumas), Bulletin of Economic Research, Vol. 63, No. 2, 2011 (April), pp. 109 – 139.
- The Enigma of Non-Interest Income Convergence (with E.Panopoulou and C. Tsoumas), Applied Financial Economics, Vol. 21, No. 17, 2011 (September), pp. 1309 – 1316.
Work in Progress
- “Understanding Financial Crises and their Resolution – A Unified Framework”
- “Income, Modernization and Property Rights Institutions” (with C. Stefanadis and C. Tsoumas).
Professor Antzoulatos has published in international journals, like Bulletin of Economic Research, Economics Letters, International Economic Journal, International Journal of Forecasting, International Trade Journal, Journal of Economic Integration, Journal of International Money & Finance, Journal of Macroeconomics, Journal of Money, Credit & Banking και Review of International Economics..
He has presented in numerous seminars and conferences in Europe and the U.S., and refereed for journals like American Economic Review, Financial Management, International Economic Review, International Journal of Forecasting, Journal of Development Economics, Journal of International Money & Finance, Journal of Macroeconomics, Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, Oxford Economic Papers, Review of International Economics, Scandinavian Journal of Economics.
He is currently writing two books: Dancing to the Markets’ Tune – An Anatomy of the Greek Crisis (in Greek) and Economic Analysis of the Financial System.