Dept. of Banking and Financial Management
Faculty, Professor Angelos A. Antzoulatos
ANGELOS Α. ANTZOULATOS
Professor of Banking
Education: Diploma, Mechanical Engineering (National Technical University of Athens), ΜΒΑ Finance and Ph.D. Economics & International Business (STERN School of Business, New York University).
Professor Antzoulatos joined the Department of Banking & Financial Management in March 1999 as Associate Professor and was promoted to Professor in December 2003. He has served as Director of the M.Sc. Program (6/1999 – 1/2002), Deputy Department Chairman (9/2001 – 8/2007) and Vice-Rector of the University of Piraeus (9/2002 – 8/2005).
He has taught both undergraduate and graduate courses at STERN and the Department, and worked in the research department of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. At STERN, he received the Herman E. Kroos Best Ph.D. Dissertation Award (1992) and two STERN-Citibank awards for excellence in teaching (1992, 1995).
His current research interests focus on Banking, Financial Crises and Financial Stability.
- “Banking – Trends (before) and Prospects (after the Crisis)” (in Greek), pp. 193 – 205 in the collective volume The Global Crisis, the Eurozone Crisis and the Greek Financial System (greek title: Η Διεθνής Κρίση, η Κρίση στην Ευρωζώνη και το Ελληνικό Χρηματοπιστωτικό Σύστημα) edited by G.K. Hardouvelis and C.V. Gortsos, Hellenic Bank Association, June 2011.
- Supply of Capital and Capital Structure: The Role of
Financial Development (with
C. Koufopoulos, C. Lambrinoudakis and E. Tsiritakis), Journal of Corporate Finance, 2016
Moral Hazard and Expected Government Support of Banks (with
C. Tsoumas), Journal of Financial Stability, Vol. 15, 2014 (December), pp. 161 – 171
- “Financial Development and Household Portfolios – Evidence from Spain, the U.K. and the U.S.A.” (with C. Tsoumas), forthcoming, Journal of International Money and Finance, Vol. 29, 2010, pp. 300-314.
- “Do Financial Systems Converge?” (with E.Panopoulou and C. Tsoumas), Review of International Economics, Vol.19, No. 1, 2011, pp. 122–136.
- “Financial Structure and Industrial Structure” (with N. Apergis & C. Tsoumas), Bulletin of Economic Research, Vol. 63, No. 2, 2011 (April), pp. 109 – 139.
- The Enigma of Non-Interest Income Convergence (with E.Panopoulou and C. Tsoumas), Applied Financial Economics, Vol. 21, No. 17, 2011 (September), pp. 1309 – 1316.